Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Need help on duplicating field row between tables

Topic Labels: Scripting extentions
252 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know how to copy a column “Items” from one table to another table.

Both table have the same naming “Items”

Table Name:
DB_Checklist
Daily_Closing_Checklist

View Name:
DB_Checklist > Closing

Field Name:
DB_Checklist > Items
Daily_Closing_Checklist > Items

I want to copy one of the row of data from DB_Checklist/Closing/Items to Daily_Closing_Checklist/AllEntry.

Can anyone show me how to code this?

let checklist = base.getTable("DB_Checklist");
let checklistView = checklist.getView("Closing");

let dailyClosingChecklist = base.getTable("Daily_Closing_Checklist");

Daily_Closing_Checklist

DB_Checklist

I only know this much, want to learn more on how to make my table more automate.

3 Replies 3

What are the types of these two fields? Also, define “copy” - do you want to create new records or append the said row to existing records?

//this loads the data
const source = await base.getTable("DB_Checklist").getView("Closing").selectRecordsAsync({fields:["Items"]});

//this preps an array as if we're creating new records in the other table
const toCreate = source.map( rec => rec={name:rec.name,fields:{"Items":rec.getCellValue("Items")}}
);

while(toCreate.length) 
    await base.getTable("Daily_Closing_Checklist")
        .createRecordsAsync(toCreate.splice(0,50))

Typing this from memory, probably messed up a closing parantheses somewhere, but that’s the gist of the syntax. It all comes down to what exactly do you want to do.

i might be totally missing the mark here. but it looks like you have the items linked to the closing checklist so you should be ably to use a lookup field? also i think airtable is meant to work a little bit different than this. again. i may be TOTALLY elementarizing your request. someone feel free to tell me im dumb but i think thats the answer youre looking for.

I agree, it seems like they want to treat the two tables as spreadsheets.