Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Power BI Integration errors

Topic Labels: API
303 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yerko_Begic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am struggling to connect Airtable to PowerBI and was wondering if anyone was able to accomplish this?

Here are my steps following the write-up from here: Sending Airtable Data to Microsoft Power BI & Power Query | Airtable Support

1. Open Blank Report in PowerBI
  2. Select Get Data > Blank query
  3. From Home Tab click on Manage Parameters > New Parameter.
    1. Add the Name
    2. Type > Select Text
    3. Suggested Value > Any Value
    4. Current Value > Enter Token ID
  1.       This is done for PERSONAL_ACCESS_TOKEN, BASE_ID and TABLE_ID

Yerko_Begic_0-1728598039530.png

Please note, TABLE_ID was taken from the URL as marked in red below

Yerko_Begic_8-1728598355729.png

Click On Query1 as shown above, click on Advanced Editor and delete a few default lines.

From the Sending Airtable Data to Microsoft Power BI & Power Query | Airtable Support, copy M Query, paste it into Query1, and select Done. At this point, I am prompted to Authenticate:

Yerko_Begic_1-1728598039593.png

On Sending Airtable Data to Microsoft Power BI & Power Query | Airtable Support page, it is suggested to use Anonymous

Yerko_Begic_2-1728598039645.png

When I click on Edit Credentials and select Anonymous, I get the following:

Yerko_Begic_3-1728598039697.png

No Matter which item I choose from the dropdown menu and select connect, I get the same warning as above.

From the Data Source Settings, I made sure “Anonymous” is selected for all items under “Data source in current file”, and “Global Permissions”, but still no luck to use Anonymous

Yerko_Begic_4-1728598039796.png

Instead of Anonymous; I could click on Windows or Basic and use my Airtable Credentials, and I can log in as it seems (I have also changed the same in Data Source Settings),

Yerko_Begic_5-1728598039881.png

but now I have this error:

Yerko_Begic_6-1728598039955.png

If I go further up, I see null, which makes me believe I am not getting any data.

Yerko_Begic_7-1728598040012.png

Does anyone have working solution for this?

2 Replies 2
Yerko_Begic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It looks like issue is related to Authentication... I am not sure how to resolve this and if anyone had similar case, please let me know. It looks like Windows or Basic is not an option as well as Web API or Organizational account

Yerko_Begic_0-1728662927402.png

djseeds
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I was able to get my Airtable data into Power BI by following the integration guide. I think the most likely issue here is your personal access token's permissions. You'll need to make sure the token you're using has access to the base you want to query. It will need at least data.records:read, and you need to select the base under the Access section. For example:

djseeds_1-1728765197965.png

That value (it should start with "pat") should be entered as the value of the PERSONAL_ACCESS_TOKEN parameter in Power BI.

Alternatively, you could call the API directly by passing the PAT as part of the API headers in a Web data source. In this case you would replace "YOUR_SECRET_API_TOKEN" below with your generated PAT.

djseeds_0-1728764238323.png