Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperAirtag
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Running into this problem:

{"error":{"type":"MODEL_ID_NOT_FOUND","message":"Record not found"}}

I am doing a PUT request, so I don’t understand why a record needs to be found :confused:

PUT assumes your record already exist, that was the problem. There seems to be no way to insert a or update a record if it already exist (like MySQL insert into ... on duplicate key update) in one API call.

The above issue got resolved by switching to POST instead of PUT and now I am getting the following error:

{"error":{"type":"INVALID_VALUE_FOR_COLUMN","message":"Field \"lastUpdated\" cannot accept the provided value"}}

I am passing a timestamp (large integer) for a single line text field. Specifying typecast:true or typecast:false doesn’t do anything. Here is the json data posted:

{"typecast":false,"fields":{"symbol":"WPC","sector":"finance","lastUpdated":1565899200000,"lastSalePrice":87.955}}

Weirdly enough typecast doesn’t do anything. As you can see above, I was posting an integer and a float, both to be inserted into a single line text field, but that caused the error. Switching the field type to number solved the problem.

0 Replies 0