986 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone, I have a form where I am collecting responses, but I need to have the the form change the questions after each submission. I have a script set to run automatically after a new record is added which will generate the new field name and has the field id set as a variable, but I do not know how to change the name of a field while using scripting. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I basically need a function which takes a field id and a new field name, and the function will update the field name. I would even be okay with keeping the field name the constant, if I could just update what shows up on the form. I do not think there is a high level of coding allowed for forms though. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

The developer documentation for scripting lists all the features available. The documentation includes nothing about changing name of a field or changing anything about a form. Thus, I conclude that it cannot currently be done.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

The developer documentation for scripting lists all the features available. The documentation includes nothing about changing name of a field or changing anything about a form. Thus, I conclude that it cannot currently be done.

I feared that was the case when I couldn’t find anything. Its my first time not being able to accomplish what I wanted.