1388 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Gold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

i can see and press the copy button for the examples where is the paste button and where do you paste what you have copied???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Andrew_Gold!

You paste it immediately above the examples, in the code area that starts off with this default code:

output.markdown('# Hello, world!');
let name = await input.textAsync('What is your name?');
output.text('Welcome to the scripting block, ${name}.\');

Just erase that default code, and paste your new code there.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. If not, please let me know what else you need help with! :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

13 Replies 13
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Andrew_Gold!

You paste it immediately above the examples, in the code area that starts off with this default code:

output.markdown('# Hello, world!');
let name = await input.textAsync('What is your name?');
output.text('Welcome to the scripting block, ${name}.\');

Just erase that default code, and paste your new code there.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. If not, please let me know what else you need help with! :slightly_smiling_face:

Andrew_Gold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

thanks for the speedy response, there is no paste button that i can see and nothing appears when i do a right click so i am still stuck, i managed to clear the text in the upper box and there is just the number 1 showing in it now, i must be doing something wrong still

I have no idea why they have a copy button but not a paste button, but you would just need to press command-V (or control-V) on your keyboard to paste. (Just like you would normally copy & paste in any other application.)

Right-clicking and choosing “paste” should also work, but I can’t get that to work, so that’s probably a bug in Airtable. It lets me see the word “paste”, but it doesn’t do anything.

So just use command-V (or control-V) for now.

Andrew_Gold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

ok scott thank you, good old keyboard, its like been back in the 80s why the mouse was ever invented i have never grasped, regards Andrew :slightly_smiling_face: :grinning:

Lol, exactly! :joy: There is lots of going back to the 80’s with Airtable. :winking_face: Hope this helped you! If I answered your question, could you please mark my comment above as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. If not, please let me know what else you need help with! :slightly_smiling_face:

Andrew_Gold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Sorry scott ctrl v does nothing to, if i had my ZX 81 i would have nailed this easy

Hmm, not sure. It’s working for me! Although I’m on a Mac and I’m using command-V. I’m assuming that you’re first clicking into the line where you want the code to be pasted? Like, you can already see the cursor blinking before you try to paste?

Andrew_Gold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I got it now, its a bit slow or im to fast like my ZX 81, thanks again, its been a while since i done programming, regards Andrew

You’re welcome! You’ll see a little “solution” checkbox next to my replies above. if you don’t mind, could you check that checkbox for whichever reply helped you out the most? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again i gave you the thumbs up, just another quick query if i can, where do i find the block maker tool,i done the register bit, am i waiting on a email link to be sent to me, Regards Andrew

Oh, thank you! I actually meant for you to click on the “Solution” checkbox instead of the “thumbs up”. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regarding your other question, I’m not sure about that — you may want to post your question in this thread, which seems to be actively monitored by Airtable employees.

Andrew_Gold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Oh no, i will click it if i can see it :), but i cant ???

Oh, that’s so weird!!! I don’t know why!! Thank you for trying, anyways!