2241 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alicia_Arends
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need to monitor the use of the “Send email” automation action for many bases and over 100 users. Is it possible to use a script to create some kind of log of active automations? Or notify when an automation sending information outside of airtable is created or used?

7 Replies 7

At the end of each of your automations you could add a “run a script” action that pushes information about that particular run (i.e. the record id) to a webhook that triggers another automation that uses the webhook response to fill in a “log” table in another Airtable base.

And if runtime isn’t an issue and you only want to monitor automations from a single base, you could simply have them fill out their own logs by creating/updating table records.

Airtable does keep detailed logs of all runs and seeing how we can already access those manually from the drag-and-drop automation interface, it’d be nice if we didn’t have to reinvent the wheel in this regard.

Alicia_Arends
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What I’m really trying to do is log when an automation using the send email action exists. Logging when such an automation is triggered is a last resort.

Welcome to the Airtable community!

This would be really useful meta information to have. Unfortunately, currently the only way to tell what automations exist is to look at the list manually for every base. There are no notifications for the creation, deletion, or updating of an automation.

Can you limit who is a creator to only people that you trust to notify you outside of the system?

Unsure how many people I can viably limit to Editor or below but I’m trying to ensure that no sensitive data can be sent outside of the company (to personal emails, etc)

This is unrealistic. Every base collaborator, even read-only collaborators can quickly and easily duplicate the base and all of its data without your knowledge. You cannot prevent people from being able to share private data.

I’m working in the enterprise version and it was my understanding that this issue has been addressed in a more granular way with that account type.