705 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabricio_Siquei
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am trying to develop an extension and going through the getting started guide but I got stuck in the first page. The guide talks about Airtable's terminal as something obvious that everyone knows where to find it, but I can't find it anywhere! Itried to search for it, even typing it on google or searching here, but no luck. Can someone please help?

2 Replies 2

Hey Fabricio, check out this article

Relevant bit:

There are varying ways of accessing command line, depending on what operating system you use.

• MacOS: Open spotlight search (default way to do this is by hitting command and the space bar) and type in “terminal”. Select the application called terminal and press the return key. This should open up an app with a black background. When you see your username followed by a dollar sign, you’re ready to start using command line.
  • Linux: You can open Terminal by directly pressing [ctrl+alt+T] or you can search it up by clicking the “Dash” icon, typing in “terminal” in the search box, and opening the Terminal application. Again, this should open up an app with a black background. When you see your username followed by a dollar sign, you’re ready to start using command line.
  • Windows: On Windows 10, open the start menu and go to the shortcuts folder called “Windows System”. Pressing the dropdown menu should reveal a shortcut to open the Command Prompt application. Right click on the shortcut, press “More”, and press “Run as Administrator”. For Windows 8, go to the start screen, press “All Apps”, and scroll right until the “Windows System” folder shows up. You can find Command Prompt there. For Windows 7, open the start menu and click on “All Programs”. Click on “Accessories” and you’ll find the Command Prompt shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and press “Run as Administrator”.

Thanks Adam. I thought the terminal was something like a console window, it didn't occur to me that it was windows terminal.