cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marvin_Mallari
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello airtable community,

I’m just wondering how to remove collaborators via API calls? Currently I have adding collaborators working well, I send the get request from a custom UI to our server, which then handles the api calls to airtable, with just the ids of the collaborators I need to add to the list. Those new collaborators do show up when I inspect via airtable.

When I want to remove collaborators, I understand from reading the api docs, just send in the objects of the collaborators I want to keep. I send in the new updated list of collaborators without the one we need assuming that should remove that collaborator. That does not work.

For both my attempts to add or delete, I send in an array of objects with ids only.

Any ideas on how to handle removing collaborators via API?

3 Replies 3
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You seem to be following the correct steps…
Are you getting an errors?

Make sure that “Allow adding multiple collaborators” is on for the collaborator field, on your base.
Make sure you are using a HTTP PATCH request method to update the collaborators via the API

Marvin_Mallari
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Andrew, thanks for the reply. I was getting a 422 unable to process entities,. Figured out I had wrong logic with how we handled the record id, was passing in an Id one letter too short.

Our record processor had a bug.

API works great

Richard_Casemor
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m looking at removing all collaborators from a cell.

I was using PATCH and trying to update the cell with an empty string, it turns out you just have to send Null.