2492 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csytsma
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm attempting to setup a Webhook from Jotform to Airtable. However, I'm never able to get past the Test portion.

I have:

1. Started the Automation in Airtable, selected When webhook received.
  2. Copied the webhook URL provided by Airtable, and pasted into the Jotform Integration Webhook.
  3. Submitting the form in Jotform
  4. Airtable always says This URL has not received any requests recently.
  5. I setup a webhook API on https://webhook.site/, and updated Jotform with new webhook
  6. Submitted form again, and immediately received webhook message on https://webhook.site/.

This leads me to believe that Airtable is not functioning correctly. Is there a reason why Airtable would not properly accept my webhook? Account type? Form type?

7 Replies 7
Jake_Wilson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Almost impossible to help you debug without some visuals.  Are you able to upload a video of what you're trying to do?

@csytsma 

I haven't used Airtable's webhooks in ages because they have way too many limitations for my clients' needs.

Additionally, I just tried for the last 20 minutes to get Airtable's webhooks to work with JotForm, and I could not get it to work.

I don't know if these failures are just related to JotForm, or if they are related to other incoming webhooks as well.

However, the solution that I would recommend is BOTH very simple AND way more customizable & advanced than Airtable's webhooks.

I would simply use Make's JotForm integrations to bring in all of your JotForm submissions into Airtable. That's how I've got all of my clients setup.

Additionally, Make has some of the world's most advanced webhooks & mailhooks — along with custom webhook responses as well!

If you really want to dive deeply into the sheer power of Make, I've created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant  to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Is JotForm sending calling the Airtable webhook with a GET request or a POST request? Airtable webhooks require a POST request. They do not work with GET requests. You must also include your data in a JSON body, not as url parameters. 

Thanks Scott, that confirms the strange behavior I'm seeing, of it not accepting webhooks from Jotform.

I currently have a fully functional solution using Zapier, but was investigating for my client if we could use Airtable's automations instead of Zapier, to drop paying the Zapier license fees.

csytsma

Hi, the call from Jotform is a POST, but the BODY appears to be multi-part, which I'm guessing is the problem. I've attached a screenshot from a webhook test site to look at the webhook post.

@csytsma I would definitely recommend dropping Zapier, because they are significantly overpriced and unbelievably underpowered. You could do this for free on Make's free plan. I also give a brief comparison between Zapier vs. Make here.

Thanks for the advice @scott, will definitely go check out Make. You provided some compelling arguments in your post, and look forward to watching your video.