Help

Re: Where Can I find Tutorials for Using the API?

511 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maiya_O1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to figure out how to use Airtable as a database for a web app that I’m making.

When I look at all of the tutorials, they seem to be for using Airtable as a GUI. I am actually interested in knowing how to do advanced queries/posts etc via API requests (using regular curl requests and/or the JavaScript methods). Can anyone tell me where I can learn this? I see people doing it, but I can’t figure out where the docs or tutorials are. The auto-generated API docs seem to just give you the procedure for basic queries and nothing else.

Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1
Matthew_Thomas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Here are a few links you might find helpful:

1. Tutorial on YouTube–Introduction to Airtable API
  2. Blog post about Airtable API– A basic introduction to the Airtable API

The second link might be more what you’re looking for as it shows using the API in the context of a larger application. If you are new to development and using APIs, you might want to search for other tutorials related to shell scripting (if using the cURL API), or Node.js (for the Javascript version of the API). Many of my tools run using an Express.js app (which is based on Node.js) and uses the Airtable.js package.

If this answers your question, please consider marking it as “solution”. If not, I’m happy to work with you further. Thanks!