cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valentin_GUENIC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone,

I used a very painfull and well known here workaround until now to update the listing of a (target) linked field depending on the selection of another linked field.
But, I have a premium account and access to scripting.
I wonder if it’s possible to alter a view of the target linked field with a filter based on a common field value (existing in both tables) (and maybe other things but for instance just this).
I was thinking of it because we can restrict a linked field by a view.

In summary, it needs:

• know what is the value in the first linked field
  • get the value of the common field
  • alter the view of the target field by filtering with the previous common field value

So, is it doable with scripting ?
Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

10 Replies 10
Valentin_GUENIC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey everyone, I gave up a while on this problem because it seems too complicated for me to resolve.
Meanwhile, I tried other solutions and for example it was really easy to setup with Zoho Creator by filtering a list of records with parameters through javascript code (I had a beginner training in JS this year ;-)). But we have a pro account here and don't want to migrate all of our data.

Anyway, API to manipulate views is really missing, or maybe there's something else that exists since.
My need has not changed, but maybe my approach has: I need to compare a common field in each of tables that is referenced in a master table through linked fields, and the result of this comparison will alter the list of the other linked fields (and that could be a view, like the restrict from a view we can already use, instead it could be a dynamic view by a field because it's like filtering).