1444 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Murgatroy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any way you can access a field in a different record? As an example, I collect records to manage fuel consumption. For each file of the tank, I make a note of the date, the car mileage, the total cost of filling the tank, and the price per litre. I need to calculate the difference between the current mileage and the previous mileage – is there a way this can be done? This is simple in both a spreadsheet or using a SQL Query against a normal database, but I don’t seem to be able to find a way using AirTable. Any help appreciated?

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @ Simon_Murgatroyd! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Check out this thread for more info on referring to “adjacent” database records.

Simon_Murgatroy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for the swift response. I’ll check this out now.

OK, I’ve been able to get this working from the example you provided - thank you very much.

What I would say to AirTable though is they need to get a more formal method added to the product. AirTable is aimed at non-programmers and this type of complex workaround simply should not be necessary and limits what is otherwise an impressive and useful tool.