1195 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brit_Miller
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I’m trying to set up a CRM for some of our sales people and I’d like to auto-populate a ‘next step’ due date based on the selection they make for their ‘next step’. For example, if they select their next step as ‘Send follow-up email’, I want the due date to auto-populate for 2 weeks from when they entered the information. Or if they select their next step as ‘Place follow-up phone call’ I want the due date to instead auto-populate as 3 days from when they entered the information. Is this possible at all with a formula or would this require an external zap maybe in Zapier? Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 5.25.05 PM

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.20.45 PM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

This could be possible with native Airtable fields, but only if the {Next Steps} field is set once at the creation of the record, and does not change after that; or else if you are ok with the {Due Date} field updating any time the {Next Steps} field is changed.

If that is the case here, then here’s how I think you could accomplish this:

• Create a “Last modified time” field type, and select the “Specific fields” option, set to watch only the {Next Steps} field:

CleanShot 2020-05-19 at 16.14.14

• That will capture the date when the {Next Steps} field is set or changed
  • Now you can create a formula field for {Date Due} that uses a SWITCH() function to output a different date, based on the {Next Steps} selection and the date captured as the {Last modified time} of that field. It might look something like this:
SWITCH(
   {Next Steps},
   'Send follow-up email', DATEADD({Last modified time}, 3, 'days'),
   'Make follow-up call', DATEADD({Last modified time}, 5, 'days'),
   'In-store appointment', DATEADD({Last modified time}, 1, 'week')
)

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

This could be possible with native Airtable fields, but only if the {Next Steps} field is set once at the creation of the record, and does not change after that; or else if you are ok with the {Due Date} field updating any time the {Next Steps} field is changed.

If that is the case here, then here’s how I think you could accomplish this:

• Create a “Last modified time” field type, and select the “Specific fields” option, set to watch only the {Next Steps} field:

CleanShot 2020-05-19 at 16.14.14

• That will capture the date when the {Next Steps} field is set or changed
  • Now you can create a formula field for {Date Due} that uses a SWITCH() function to output a different date, based on the {Next Steps} selection and the date captured as the {Last modified time} of that field. It might look something like this:
SWITCH(
   {Next Steps},
   'Send follow-up email', DATEADD({Last modified time}, 3, 'days'),
   'Make follow-up call', DATEADD({Last modified time}, 5, 'days'),
   'In-store appointment', DATEADD({Last modified time}, 1, 'week')
)

This worked BEAUTIFULLY! Thank you!!!