Help
Formulas
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formulas Activity

add +100 on each new row

Hey,Something super basic to do in any excel, python script etc. but how to get in in Airtable?I want to create some kind of ID for each customer. First customer has number 900100, and each new one (this is a child table) should get the number +100, ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Generate random hex color code

Hi Community!I would like generate with a formula a random hex color code for each new record in a database. How can I do that?Thank you for your help!Stefan

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Number separators formula

Looking for some help regarding a formula. Here's a little context of what I am trying to do. I am working on importing my teams marketing budget plans into Airtable, and so far everything is working well. As a final step, and in order to avoid have ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Reformatting Rollup Date Range

I have a rollup cell that is pulling a range of data from another sheet.  Is there a way to:1) Format these so it's easier to read : MM/DD/YY-MM/DD/YY 2) Format these so I can create a calendar view that would show these dates in a row on the calenda...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Consolidating Lookup Results

Apologies in advance if this was answered elsewhere, I did try to find it.I have a lookup cell that is pulling information from another sheet.  In that other sheet, the cells all share an attribute called “Daily Flow.” I’m wondering if there’s a way ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Round Off the Time Duration to the the next higher hour no.

I am a beginner and wanted to make a few custom changes through formula’s and other customisation’s. I need help with the two doubts below. Also take reference from the two photos. 1. How do I setup the “Hours” formula field such that even if its 10 ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Datetime format results add two minutes to time

I have a formula in the primary field of my table that combines a Date/time and the name of the brand in the appointment.  Formula I am using: DATETIME_FORMAT({Appointment Time},'MM/DD, H:MM A')&" - "&Brand results are randomly adding 2, 4 and 6 minu...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem-Solving: Room Payment Determination in Airtable

I'm a bit stuck, it feels like an easy fix I just can't figure it out.  The end goal is that I can determine how much everyone should be paying in a house depending on the conditions of the room, the minimum price of payment, and the number of people...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
E77en by 5 - Automation Enthusiast

Count lookup fields of lookup fields until there is non

Im trying to make a task management system, where task 1 would have multiple subtasks and subtasks would have their own subtasks etc. The issue i'm having is im trying to make a function where if a task has no "task parent", then the "Task Tier" woul...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Help! SWITCH formula not working

I'm new, so apologies for any blatant errors. I'm trying to create a SKU in the table primary field using the SWITCH function based on other fields in the table. My initial try included a lengthy list of colors (all unique) and the 5-letter results (...

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
PLS by 4 - Data Explorer
Solved

Help with Forms and Formula's

Can anyone recommend an Airtable Consultant, preferably in the UK, who can help me with some fairly simple formulas which for some reason, I cant work out why, are not working and/or producing missing data in some rows. I feel very scrooge-like and m...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Formula IF nested using "and" what I am doing wrong?

I have been using this formula, and it works: IF({Company (from Distribution Locations) (from Invoice 2)}="Key Fresh 8890",{Cost *1 (from Products 2)}, IF({Company (from Distribution Locations) (from Invoice 2)}="Marathon 16050", {Cost *4 (from Produ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

I'm brutal with formulae

Hi all, I'm pretty useless with formulae generally and just wondering if anyone can help with this.I'm trying to generate a formula field that is based on a source date. The formula is to calculate 8 months + 23 days from the source date (i.e the 23r...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with Formula

Hi, as a result of my trying to execute a solution from previous post, I created a formula to combine name fields. IT cannot figure out what aim doing wrong. IT seems perfectly logical to me. But it does not work. I have posted the formula and a scre...

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 1.30.02 PM.png
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Nested IFs only checking first IF

hi there,I am trying to create a nested IF that checks if four cells are blank, and if they're not, returns the value that's there.When I use the below formula, it only ever checks the first IF, and it's driving me nuts!Can anyone help? I want it to ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! IF Formulas Help

Hello - we use a formula field to create unique & automated "Activity Titles" for records.Our current formula pulls from various fields:Program (multi select)City (linked field)Type (single select)Date (date)Current formula is: Program & " - " & City...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
thaid by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
Solved

Resolved! Appending a comma separated field with values from another field?

Hey all! I'm back with a new issue that I'm hoping won't be too hard to solve but I can't seem to find the solution myself. I have two fields that I need to combine. Field 1 contains a variable, such as GKM3, GKM5, etc. Field 2 contains comma-separat...

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 2.56.13 PM.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
AaronB by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
Solved