1545 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather_Kravagn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Airtable! I need some help with scheduling in a project management base I have. I’m trying to configure a column to alert me when I am scheduling a presenter for a conference panel that conflicts with another time slot where they are already scheduled.

However, I am VERY new to airtable and the formulas needed to make this work. I tried using the formulas and suggestions from this post (Scheduling Database - Availability using SUBSTITUTE()) but there are some key pieces I’m missing that the posters gloss over (likely I’m not getting it cuz I’m new and am not as familiar with how linking and rollups and the formulas work - that’s actually me asking for clarification at the bottom).

I have a table of presenters, and a table of panels. The presenters column in the panels table is linked to the presenters table. The panels column also has a column for start time and a column for end time. I just need another column “Conflict” to give me an alert when a presenter is scheduled for another panel at the same time as they’ve already been scheduled.

Can someone help walk me through this??? Thanks so much!!!

1 Reply 1
Noamsay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Heather

This template from Airtable universe might be useful.

I created a tweaked version of this base that will fit your need (I just replaced Rooms by Presenters)

Then you will have a columns that will indicate if your presenter is booked more than once for the same time slot.

Let me know how it goes!