1471 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandra_Mayernik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need to calculate a number based on selected single select option in another field.

For instance if the users chooses “Excellent” then the number should be 10, if the users chooses “Good”, then the number shoud be 7, if the users chooses “Fair”, then the number should 5, if the users chooses “Poor”, then the number should be 3, other wise it should be blank.

SharedScreenshot

It so that I can then tally the score of nine different fields for a total score.

Suggestions?? Formula? I’m fairly new to Airtable and I’ve trid numerous formulas toget this to happen an so far have failed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Simplest formula:

SWITCH(
   {Gravel Layer Rati...},
   "EXCELLENT", 10,
   "GOOD", 7,
   "FAIR", 5,
   "DEFICIENT", 3
)

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Simplest formula:

SWITCH(
   {Gravel Layer Rati...},
   "EXCELLENT", 10,
   "GOOD", 7,
   "FAIR", 5,
   "DEFICIENT", 3
)

Thank you! We’re getting closer !

SharedScreenshot

Thanks to Kamille for the formula
SWITCH(
{GRAVEL LAYER RATING},
“EXCELLENT”, 10,
“GOOD”, 7,
“FAIR”, 5,
“DEFICIENT”, 3
)

Though I’m still trying to figure out why “Excellent” and “Fair” don’t generate a number.

OMG! There was an extra space after the ord in the Single Select option… once I got rid of the extra space, the formula worked perfectly!

Thank you!

Glad to know that you got the answer you were seeking! Because @Kamille_Parks’ comment above was the primary solution to your question, please mark her comment as the solution. Correct marking helps others who may be searching with similar questions to find those answers more quickly. Thanks!