cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bedjik
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Everybody,

I need some help with formula, so here is what I have, I have a "Multiple Select" field, lets say I have options like these there: Option A, Option B and Option C. Every option has its own price, let's say Option A is $10, Option B is $20 and Option C is $30. 

I have another field "Price", which is currently set up for "currency" and I manually enter the total there every time. So I want to use a formula to have a total sum of the options that I choose in Multiple Select Filed, any ideas? Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You could use a formula field, but I recommend converting to a linked record field and using a rollup instead.

I wrote up both solutions here with screen captures and complete formulas in my Guide to Airtable.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You could use a formula field, but I recommend converting to a linked record field and using a rollup instead.

I wrote up both solutions here with screen captures and complete formulas in my Guide to Airtable.

bedjik
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you very much kuovonne with your help, both options are perfect, but I went with formula, as I need something simple with one view without creating additional table. Appreciate all the help and how detailed and thorough was your explanation