Help

Can I return a specific record (like Record #6) from a field?

481 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Morris2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a field of numbers somewhere between 1-100, I'll call the field "MAX" and sort high-low. I want to be able to count the total number of records in this field, and pick the lowest numeric record of a certain percent, let's say 80%.

For an example, let's say my MAX field has the following records: 95, 84, 83, 81, 70, 68, 67, 60, 54, 46. I want to count the number of records (there are 10) and find the top 80% of numbers. So this would be 10(.80) = 8 records and return a record set of 95, 84, 83, 81, 70, 68, 67, 60. Then my ultimate goal is to display the lowest number of this data set, so the result would be 60. 

Is this possible with a formula? A script (I don't know how to script, so this might be out of reach for me)? Thanks for any help!

1 Reply 1

This is not possible with only a formula. It is possible to do this with a script.

A common technique is to have a linked "control" table where all of your records are linked to a single control record. However, I don't think that will work in this situation.