438 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Littler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone! I’m new here and have searched the forum and google for this problem with no success. I saw the thread about rounding by 0.25, but I am seeing a different issue.

It appears that the “significance” value must be 10 or less. If I enter CEILING(4,6) the output is 6 as I expected. If I enter CEILING(12,12) the output is 10, but I believe the correct answer here is 12. This happens any time the second number is over 10 then the result is always only a multiple of 10 instead of the number you entered. If I enter CEILING(27,12) the output is 40???

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for your time.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Mark_Littler and welcome to the community!

Since I don’t know the answer (and imo it should be possible) and no one else is answering, maybe you could contact Airtable directly about this via support@airtable.com. Let us know their answer please :winking_face:

I agree. CEILING in Airtable definitely doesn’t work the way it does in Excel or Google Sheets. Report a bug.

Mark_Littler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Will do. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t a goof, and I figured I was more likely to get an education here than what may be stock answers from a support department…