cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alebarbosacial
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey! 

I have 3 checkbox fields that indicate the completion of a task. I want to show completion of the tasks using the newly released progress bar on the Percent tab, but without having to manually type in the thirds (1/3, 2/3, 3/3). 

alebarbosacial_3-1686235338094.png

If I use a formula to sum up the checks as a third, then use another formula to make it into a percent, I still won't be able to get the bar since the formula field does not come with that feature. How do I get that % into the percent field without having to create an automation? Is that the only way, or is there an easier/simpler way to go about this?

Thanks in advance 🙂 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tgretencord

Hello. You can use the new status bar on a formula field. Click on the formatting tab in your field properties. 

tgretencord_1-1686236429603.png

See Solution in Thread

10 Replies 10
tgretencord

Hello. You can use the new status bar on a formula field. Click on the formatting tab in your field properties. 

tgretencord_1-1686236429603.png

Hmm, this seems to work fine for me.  Have a look at this base?

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 10.56.16 PM.png

alebarbosacial

Hi @tgretencord 

Thank you for your help. I didn't know this was possible, awesome!

@TheTimeSavingCo can you share please the formula you used? 

Thanks!

alebarbosacial,

I have subtasks on some tasks and wanted to count them and track the completion. I built my subtasks by following the directions given in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTa5rwgOMwY

Here's my formula, which is a math formula of two formulated fields, which came from this video.

tgretencord_0-1686239485692.png

Need to know how many subtasks are marked as complete in a long text field? Learn the formula that gets the job done!

Hey! 

This is a very helpful video, however, I have 100+ records that needs those three completion indicators and the video is specific to checkboxes in a large text field. I want to avoid copy and pasting that text in all of them & new ones that are created. 

I can't seem to find the best formula that works for what I need, which is to provide a completion percentage based on the 3 check mark fields I have. I feel like there is a simple way to do this, but haven't found the correct one. Is this something you can help with? 

alebarbosacial_0-1686242282038.png

Hey! Can you share the formula you used for this, please? 🙂 

Here's a simple formula. It assumes the person checking the box, checks them in order. 

IF({done 3} = '1', 1, 
   IF({done 2} = '1', .66,
      IF({done 1} = '1', .33)))
alebarbosacial

Thanks for your help, everyone! It worked 🙂 

Is there a way to do this without the boxes needing to be checked in order?