cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marina_Malazoni
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I have a database that is updated live (through an integration), but some records can go directly to archive (via a filter). I am trying to build a formula that will identify as many archivable records as possible and mark them with :white_check_mark: . Such records would march either of the following criteria:

marked (manually) as non-actionable in a multiple-select field type

OR

contain a certain word in a single line field (e.g., if a single-line cell contains ‘no-reply’ => archive)

I already have a formula for the former, but I wonder if a formula that would combine both is possible to build.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, it is possible to combine the conditions in a single formula.
You want the OR formula function.

It would look something like this:

IF(
  OR(
    FIND("non-actionable", {multiple-select field}),
    FIND("no-reply", {single line text})
  ),
  "✅"
)

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, it is possible to combine the conditions in a single formula.
You want the OR formula function.

It would look something like this:

IF(
  OR(
    FIND("non-actionable", {multiple-select field}),
    FIND("no-reply", {single line text})
  ),
  "✅"
)

Hmm, that didn’t work for me, unfortunately, though I made sure the formula is formatted correctly. Any suggestions as to why it is not working?

I had an extra comma in the formula. I edited the formula to remove the extra comma. Try it now. If it still doesn’t work, please post a screen shot.

Marina_Malazoni

It worked. Many thanks!

Glad to know that you got the answer you were seeking, @Marina_Malazoniya ! If you would, please mark the appropriate comment as the solution to your question. This helps others who may be searching with similar questions. Thanks!