846 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole_Flewelle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I had a functional formula formerly from a template, and then I went and copied tables between bases, and lost the actual formula in the field. What I’m trying to recreate is a conditional formula that returns a status on character count based on the social channel selected in another field. Basically:

If CHANNEL is Twitter and CHARACTER COUNT is between 71 and 100, then :ok_hand: , otherwise :exclamation: :exclamation:
If CHANNEL is Facebook and CHARACTER COUNT is between 40 and 80, then :ok_hand: , otherwise :exclamation: :exclamation:
If CHANNEL is Instagram and CHARACTER COUNT is between 138 and 150, then :ok_hand: , otherwise :exclamation: :exclamation:
If CHANNEL is Linked In and CHARACTER COUNT is between 25 and 140, then :ok_hand: , otherwise :exclamation: :exclamation:

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi @Nicole_Flewellen

This should work (copy paste in formula field):

IF(AND(channel="Twitter",LEN(Text)>=71,LEN(Text)<=100),"ok",IF(AND(channel="Facebook",LEN(Text)>=40,LEN(Text)<=80),"ok",IF(AND(channel="Instagram",LEN(Text)>=138,LEN(Text)<=150),"ok",IF(AND(channel="Linkedin",LEN(Text)>=25,LEN(Text)<=40),"ok","nok"))))

“channel” = single select field with social channel
“Text” = single line text field with your message
Replace “ok” and “nok” with your symbols

Let me know if this works!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi @Nicole_Flewellen

This should work (copy paste in formula field):

IF(AND(channel="Twitter",LEN(Text)>=71,LEN(Text)<=100),"ok",IF(AND(channel="Facebook",LEN(Text)>=40,LEN(Text)<=80),"ok",IF(AND(channel="Instagram",LEN(Text)>=138,LEN(Text)<=150),"ok",IF(AND(channel="Linkedin",LEN(Text)>=25,LEN(Text)<=40),"ok","nok"))))

“channel” = single select field with social channel
“Text” = single line text field with your message
Replace “ok” and “nok” with your symbols

Let me know if this works!

Nicole_Flewelle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Works like a charm! Thank you!