413 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jord8on
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have created a database in Airtable to keep a log of my Airbnb guests, income, etc.

I’m using the Zapier Email Parser to grab data from email I receive whenever we get a new booking. In the email we’re provided with a variety of data including the date of checkin and checkout, in the following format:

Nov 14, 2019
Nov 17, 2019

The challenge is that these dates cannot be imported into an Airtable DATE field… they can only come in to a TEXT field. What I want to do is have this raw date “Nov 14, 2019” converted into an Airtable DATE field instead of a TEXT or FORMULA field type.

I can easily have this data added to my checkin and checkout fields, and use the following formula with date specifiers: DATETIME_FORMAT((date),‘YYYY-MM-DD’) which will turn “Nov 14, 2019” into “2019-11-14” Is there a way to then take that date and have it populate an Airtable DATE field?

I don’t mind having an extra column if needed, to convert this but I want a native Airtable DATE field to be automatically populated when a new record is added with the raw date format (Nov 14, 2019)

2 Replies 2
Mykolas_Adamavi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, any luck here ?

No, unfortunately :disappointed:

I just posted over here as well: Convert Text to Date

Unfortunately I haven’t got it to work yet. :confused: