883 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecobee_user_res
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to create a column that displays the number of times a specific number (which is the name of an individual record) appears in a linked cell.

For example:

I have a single cell with linked records. Each linked record is named with a specific number ranging from 0-10, so it looks like this:

[7] [0] [5] [9] [0] [8] [5] [7] [3] [7] [7] [3] [10] [7] [2] [7] [0]

Looking at the single cell, there’s a bunch of of linked records with the name ‘7’. Is there a formula that can determine how many times ‘7’ appears in that cell?

The ‘count’ option only counts the total number of linked records, but not how many times a record with the same name appears.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

So you have several ‘number Records’ with the same name? I have 2 ideas:

• Group by that field and you’ll get a counter. It’s not a field but…
  • Duplicate the Name field, transform it to a Linked Record field, so you’ll get a new table for the names. In that table you can add a Count for the names.

The example is very abstract so I expect this is not gonna work with the real case. Explain it if you want.

AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

The following formula counts how many times “7” appears in a particular field.

(LEN({Items}) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE({Items},"7","")))/LEN("7")

Note - someone else posted this a long time ago and it’s helped me in more ways than I can count (haha, formula puns) but I cannot for the life of me find the original post to link to. So, whoever you are, thank you!!