661 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bfroger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am currently trying to format information for later use, and need to keep to a pretty strict format, as seen in the first photo below. The inclusion of P1, P2.... is necessary to differentiate between information that has been provided to us and what returns false. 

Bfroger_2-1690461416461.png

I have managed to format the lookup field to separate into the desired format, but I cannot manage to use my "NumberofValues" field to create the P1-P5 in order for me to concatenate the labels before each separated value. 

Bfroger_0-1690461230434.png

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if more information is needed.

3 Replies 3
Harsh2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Bfroger 

Could you please share an example of how you would like the  "NumberofValues" field to be formatted?

So using the photos I have initially included, ideally I would want to have a box that includes:

----------------------------------------------

P1: CHALET 9

P2: Residence Carline

P3: Terrasses D'Eos

P4: Terrasses D'Eos

P5: Terrasses D'Eos

----------------------------------------------

These are the names that are included in "PropertyName", so they are linked to a particular Primary Cell, which in this case would be to who the document is addressed.

Essentially, I am just trying to automate the creation of a contract so I need to format text correctly before setting up the automation.

So, the array values are taken from "PropertyNameDivided" and then the value within "NumberofValues" would print (in this case) "P1:" to "P5:" in a list, then the Prefix is Merged onto the "PropertyName". I'd presume that it would be done using the linked properties so that the information lines up. We do not have some values for some properties so it would be to bypass any confusion as to what value is for which name.

Is there any way to run a For (i=0 i>NumberofValues i++) loop within a field formula because I could then make a repeated run for P1 to PX... I have been racking my brain, but I can't crack it.

Harsh2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Bfroger ,

I would suggest that you look into Airtable Scripts.

With the help of an Airtable script you could  essentially run the

" For (i=0 i>NumberofValues i++) loop within a field"

Please see the below link explaining more on how to use Airtable Automations

https://support.airtable.com/docs/run-a-script-action