cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombon101
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello guys,
I'm trying to create a formula for the main Name field on my table.
I just can't do it, I'll be more than glad to write here the details and if someone can write the formula for this it will be great, and i will also learn that way how to create one in the future.

My table is data from the computer inventory list in my office.
I want the Name field to first start with the "User" field (the field type is "Link to another record" ) and after that it will have one space and then a Comma and then another space before the next field.

Next I want the "Model" field (Single line text) and after that it will have one space and then a Comma and then another space before the next field.

The last one is the field "Product ID" (field type is also Single line text) ,  before the field content i want it to have the letters/signs "ID:" and the one space and the the field content.

For example i have the "User” John Jakson , he have a computer with the "Model" Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) and his computer "Product ID" is MQFT99P567.
So in the Name field i want it will shows
"Jhone Jakson_,_apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)_,_ID:_MQFT99P567"

Blue marks for changing content, and Red Is for the permanent content. the "_ means one space.

Thank you and best regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Here you go:

{User} & ' , ' & {Model} & ' , ' & 'ID: ' & {Product ID}

Following the convention you laid out, the bits inside curly braces { } are the Blue marks in your example, the changing content (aka variables). The bits inside quotation marks ' ' is the Red is the permanent content. The & is used to join the red bits and the blue bits together.

You structured your question very well. I think if you can learn the syntax, you'll have no trouble doing this kind of thing in the future. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Here you go:

{User} & ' , ' & {Model} & ' , ' & 'ID: ' & {Product ID}

Following the convention you laid out, the bits inside curly braces { } are the Blue marks in your example, the changing content (aka variables). The bits inside quotation marks ' ' is the Red is the permanent content. The & is used to join the red bits and the blue bits together.

You structured your question very well. I think if you can learn the syntax, you'll have no trouble doing this kind of thing in the future. 

Awsome!!!!! Thank you very much