Help

Customize the start date to auto-adjust based on the end date of previous task?

587 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opptcunysps
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I created a master program plan in hopes to combine all of the project plans on my team, but I couldn't get the start date to auto-adjust based on the end date. My team used to use a spreadsheet in which we used this formula: =WORKDAY(H3,1,Holidays!$A$2:$A$10002) and this would auto-project how long the project would take based on the duration and previous task end date. 

When I tried to replicate a similar formula, it's an error due to circular reference. Is there a way to do this without having to enter the start date every time? (example: when a previous tasks took longer than expected the new end date should trigger the future start date to autoadjust based on the duration). 

opptcunysps_0-1691186107123.png

2 Replies 2
joshsorenson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yep, i am doing this right now. What you need to do is add a check box to lock in the date. Then filter out any records with the box checked from the automation hitting them again. 

Thanks for responding! It didn't work for me, the start date is still taking the date from the same row where as I want it to from the row above. Perhaps you can show me an example or screenshot?