606 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connor_Moriarty
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I have an extensive table where we log all data and statistics for our business’s Google Ads, social media advertisements, etc. My boss wants a daily recap of the standings for all of the ads in the table. But it would be too time-consuming to draft an email every day containing all of that info. Essentially, what I want to do is set up an email that automatically sends to him every morning at 8 am that includes all of the information in the table. Is this possible? I have a couple of basic automations running, but I can’t figure out how to make it happen daily no matter what, or how to include the entire table.

Please keep in mind, I am a beginner when it comes to formulas and automation, so some hand-holding would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Connor

3 Replies 3
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

First of all, I would just add a link to his bookmarks bar on his browser that takes him to a view of the table whenever he wants. Or you could just expose the table for internal company use in a web page.

I’m not sure that an automation would work since they fire once for every record that matches a condition or enters a view. A field that calculates the hour of the day (trigger field) would clearly generate more email than desired.

Thanks for your reply! I agree, keeping a tab with the table open would be the best solution, but to be blunt, I am dealing with an older man who comes from the banking world and expects people to hand information to him. I have tried to get him to just check the table, but I hit a wall there.

Unfortunately, Airtable is a relatively basic & simple app, and it doesn’t have the ability to do what you’re looking to do.

You would either need to share a view with him (as previously suggested), or you would need to write your own custom JavaScript script to do what you’d like to do.

But typically, these sorts of things require using external platforms and sending your data elsewhere.

For my favorite low-code approach to handling this, you can turn to an external automation platform like Integromat.

I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code. If you need to hire a consultant to help you setup any of these things, please feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.