cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juan_Fernando_J
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all,
I have imported data from gmail and it came under this date format in text.
"Mon, 11 May 2020 14:31:44 -0500" and I need it in date format like this “5/11/2020”..
Can you suggest a solution for me ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community!

In Airtable, you can create a formula field that uses the DATETIME_PARSE function to yield the result that you want.

Just use:
DATETIME_PARSE({Imported_Field})

Afterwards, you can change that formula field to a normal date field, and it will retain the data while giving you the date formatting that you’re looking for.

Hello, Thanks a lot.

I get an error. The date is the header of a very long HTML format email that I am pulling in from gmail.

The DATETIME_PARSE function will only work if you are applying it to a text string that only has date information in it, such as what you posted in your initial post above: Mon, 11 May 2020 14:31:44 -0500

If you have a single “long text field” with a ton of data dumped into it that goes above & beyond the date information, it’s not going to work. You have to pull out the date separately first.

Maybe someone has a formula or a JavaScript for you to parse out your email data. Or, you could use Zapier or Integromat to automate moving your emails into Zapier by parsing out the information from your emails into the appropriate fields.

Juan_Fernando_J
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks a lot. I made it.