Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manuel
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

we try to find solutions for this use-case:

We want to create "logic" URL's for our data-sets, what we can do at the moment is creating a formula "www.airtable.com/base-id/table-id/" & recordID().

What we would like to define is the part recordID(), because all of our fields have a type-number (for example AA550). So it should be a formula "www.airtable.com/base-id/table-id/" & type-number with the result:

www.airtable.com/base-id/table-id/AA550

The reason for that is, that in the past often dataset were be deleted by someone or we have to transfer the database. We're using this URL's in an other database and if the recordID is changing, we have to check that again (yes I know ugly).

It could be a filter too, if that's possible to save in an url.

2 Replies 2

You can create a custom redirect by using Make’s custom webhooks and custom webhook responses.

You would add the “type number” as a parameter to your webhook URL, and then you would search your Airtable base to get the record ID, and then your webhook response would redirect the person to the real URL by using a 303 Redirect command.

See screenshot below for the basic setup of this scenario in Make.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

IMG_0301.jpeg

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what your use case is, but perhaps a shared view with a filter might work?  It wouldn't open the record directly though

It would be www.airtable.com/base-id/shared-view/?filter_...instead too

Here's an example filtering for AA550 only: https://airtable.com/appQNIWIeztoc0klK/shrannwT5D7eaW3NM?filter_Name=AA550

And here's the view without the filter: https://airtable.com/appQNIWIeztoc0klK/shrannwT5D7eaW3NM/tblB0iyGzVwdegF2V