Help

Extracting totals from nested groups (nested Rollups?)

Topic Labels: Formulas
845 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerardo_De_Rose
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Community!

I have been trying to figure out how to perform a double conditioned rollup (if that makes any sense). The example I think will explain better the situation:

In this example there are three tables that are concerned Project, Provider and Concept Catalogue. On the Concept Catalogue table there are records which contain scope for each of the providers by project. Each record has linked fields to Project and Providers. Now, I can nest-group the Concept Catalogue table as shown in the image, into projects and then into Providers, which will allow me to see the totals by-proyect-by-provider. I would like to obtain those values somehow in another table so I can use them.

If I perform a rollup (for any of the fields on Concept Catalogue) on the Projects table it will give me the totals of all of the scopes for that specific project but mixing providers.

If I perform a rollup (for any of the fields on Concept Catalogue) on the Providers table it will give me the totals by provider, but mixing the projects.

I would appreciate very much if someone could help me figure out how to obtain a calculated field which sums all of the records on the Concept Catalogue table but filtering Project and Provider.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Gerardo_De_Rosenzwei! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

In either case, you could add a condition to the rollup to only pull data from records where there’s a link to the alternate item. For example, a rollup on the [Projects] table could pull data from [Concept Catalogue] using a condition that only retrieves values where the linked provider is ITC. Will that give you what you want? Or are you saying that you’d like that same information, but without needing to change the condition for every project/provider?