718 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregory_Ferenst
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m trying to figure out how to create a column that lists the last date that a particular person was contacted. Right now, I have two tables: one is a list of contacts and another is a list of messages to that contact (with dates). I created a lookup table that populates a field “last contacted” by the time stamp on the message associated with that person as lookup to a linked field.

Here’s the problem: the field lists every single date that the person was contacted, not the last time the person was contacted. How would I filter the column to only show the most recent date? Or, some other work around that only takes the most recent time stamp associated with a linked record?

thanks

3 Replies 3

In your [Contacts] table, you’ve got a field that links to the messages for each contact (auto-created when linking to the contacts from that other table), correct? To find the latest contact date, add a Rollup field, pulling from the links to the [Messages] table, choosing the date field to roll up, and setting the aggregation function to MAX(values). That will display the latest date out of all the dates for that contact.

Gregory_Ferenst
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m having trouble implementing this. Right now it’s a lookup field (and that populates multiple dates). If i try to add a roll up field it only recognizes linked fields and not the lookup field that has the dates. Thanks

Change your Lookup field to a Rollup field, with settings as I described above. That should just give you a single date.