966 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kosta_Kondraten
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a Lookup field called 'Call Result' in my Contact table for my Touchpoints table's 'Call Result' column - which is a drop down. I have a view called 'Hit Lister' and I would like to filter records where I have encountered - for example - 8 voicemails in a row. Here is an example of the contents of one such 'Call Result' lookup row record:

Call Me Back, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail

The challenge I have is when I add the condition:

Call Result 
does not contain
Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail

The record is not filtered as it should be.

Please provide ideas or troubleshooting steps on how I can fix my problem. For reference I have supplied a link to a video below of my cahllenge which should clarify any lasting confusion:
https://share.getcloudapp.com/z8ulmjwd

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AirBenderMarcus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Ahoy Kosta!

When I replicated the filter with a lookup field, it worked exactly as intended. We know the lookup field is filtering like traditional text because you are using the same field to filter out other text strings as well. However, Airtable might be getting confused by the complexity of your filter. You can try splitting up your filters into different condition groups to see if that has any effect. 

But here's another way around this. Create a new formula field that uses a SEARCH function to identify the "Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail" pattern, then add a filter that catches the empty fields.

SEARCH("Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail", ARRAYJOIN({Call Result}, ", "))

AirBenderMarcus_2-1673454524762.png

AirBenderMarcus_1-1673454124152.png

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Ron_Daniel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

For troubleshooting, I'd start by eliminating all the other filtering and then filtering out just two instances of "Voicemail":

Call Result / does not contain... / Voicemail, Voicemail

AirBenderMarcus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Ahoy Kosta!

When I replicated the filter with a lookup field, it worked exactly as intended. We know the lookup field is filtering like traditional text because you are using the same field to filter out other text strings as well. However, Airtable might be getting confused by the complexity of your filter. You can try splitting up your filters into different condition groups to see if that has any effect. 

But here's another way around this. Create a new formula field that uses a SEARCH function to identify the "Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail" pattern, then add a filter that catches the empty fields.

SEARCH("Voicemail, Voicemail, Voicemail", ARRAYJOIN({Call Result}, ", "))

AirBenderMarcus_2-1673454524762.png

AirBenderMarcus_1-1673454124152.png

Kosta_Kondraten
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thank you for that suggestion @AirBenderMarcus - this worked perfectly for me. Thank you and also I appreciate the effort you have gone to replicate my issue on your end to find the solution.

I can confirm that even after removing other filters as suggested I was unable to filter by multiple Voicemails using the Lookup field - so I am glad you provided the alternative.

Marking this as solved and thank you so much once again.