cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristian_Nistor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I have a column that is called Contacts that lives in table Publications. In this column, each cell has one or multiple linked records that can be found in another table called Press & Media Contacts.

A cell inside Contacts looks like this

210c747cea438366749359b8a2611718c935fd59.gif

What I would like to do is to filter and select the rows that have a certain contact in, using the record id.

The only way I could do this was to use filterByFormula and Name, not record id:

"filterByFormula" => "FIND('Keith Shearin',Contacts)"

What I would like to do is something like this:

"filterByFormula" => "FIND('reclhWRUlh9q47Zfd',Contacts)"

Where reclhWRUlh9q47Zfd is Keith Shearin record id.

FIND is obviously not the proper way to do it since it finds a string inside a string.
FIND(stringToFind, whereToSearch,[startFromPosition]))`

Do you guys have any tips on how can I achieve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Cristian_Nistor!

It sounds like you want to filter your publications by contacts, but you want to use their ID instead of their name as the filtering criteria.

What you’ll want to do is 3 things:

1. Create a “RecordID” field in your Contacts table by creating a formula field with the formula:
    RECORD_ID()

2. In your Publications table, create a lookup field that looks up this new “RecordID” field from your Contacts table.

3. Once you have this new lookup field in your Publications table, then you can filter on this lookup field by typing the RecordID into the filter.

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face: If this solves your problem, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question in the future. If not, please let me know what additional help you need!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Cristian_Nistor!

It sounds like you want to filter your publications by contacts, but you want to use their ID instead of their name as the filtering criteria.

What you’ll want to do is 3 things:

1. Create a “RecordID” field in your Contacts table by creating a formula field with the formula:
    RECORD_ID()

2. In your Publications table, create a lookup field that looks up this new “RecordID” field from your Contacts table.

3. Once you have this new lookup field in your Publications table, then you can filter on this lookup field by typing the RecordID into the filter.

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face: If this solves your problem, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question in the future. If not, please let me know what additional help you need!