859 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_David
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One of my fields has a copy of a record that should not be there. Is there an operator or formula that will find the two records which are NOT unique?

I did a simple search for 'copy' - that did not work. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thx.

5 Replies 5
Soly
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Tom_David , 

Are you saying that there is a duplicate record in your field and that you want to find it ?

If your table is not too big, a quick method is to sort your data from the specific field. This will arrange your records in order.

Then group your sorted data, by using the same field again.

Now, the group that has more than one item is your duplicate.

I hope that helps. Let me know

Tom_David
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you. I did find the record - it was an empty record at the bottom of the field (amateur mistake).

Tom_David
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So, now I realize the problem was that there were more total records than 'unique' records (1 more) in the table so I 'assumed' there was a duplicate. Actually, it was an empty record; not a duplicate.

Hi,
Yes, sort is good to see if your data has problems, usually problem records sorted at the top or bottom.
Second possible way to find duplicates - trying to turn field into single-select, but don't save. Duplicates will appear at the top of list. Note that primary field can't be single select, so you need to duplicate at first (removing copied field at the end)

Alexey_Gusev_0-1691936484218.png

Third way - use Deduper extension or script from examples
Fourth - Link to new table, copy-paste field into linked, switch to new table, add Count field.

According to table size and the number of duplicates, each can be in use.

Good options for future use. Thank you.