133 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unlockableman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any way to use formulas and linked at the same time? I want a column to add data from the columns A + B + C to = ABC and then have ABC show up on a different tab. Is that possible? 

3 Replies 3

Does this look right?

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 7.49.43 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 7.49.53 AM.png

Link to base

This is helpful thanks! But does it require linking each of these rows by hand? Excel allows for instant mirroring of data. If you want the data to be pulled from a cell one only needs to write "=A1" and then all the data from A1 will show up wherever you need it anywhere else. Does this solution work as simply or does it require adding reference links to each and every line? 

re: Does this solution work as simply or does it require adding reference links to each and every line?

It'd need reference links to every line I'm afraid and you could try using an automation to handle that for you?  You'd make it trigger for every new record in the first table and it'd create a new record in the second table and link it to the triggering record

--
Usually if there's a one to one link between tables we'd keep them all within a single table though, and so I'm quite curious as to why we'd want to keep them separate here!  No worries if you can't share the reasoning!