Help

Re: % formula for automated email to show correctly.

Solved
Jump to Solution
1346 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shalablake
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am going cross eyed trying to figure out the correct formula for getting a % field to show up in an automated email as a whole number %. Either rounded up or down. I have tried so many and it still is not pulling correctly. I have tried round up, ceiling and a few other but they never carry over correctly. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@shalablake 

Give this a try - change 'percent' to the name of the field that has your percent that you want to format.
CONCATENATE(ROUND(percent*100),"%")

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

If you were to add &"" to the {% received}*1 you will most likely see the identical result that is in the email.  That being the case, using ({% received}*1)&"" should give you the result you're looking for.

Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@shalablake 

Give this a try - change 'percent' to the name of the field that has your percent that you want to format.
CONCATENATE(ROUND(percent*100),"%")

Dominic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi shalablake,

In terms of a formula, have you tried something like: 

ROUNDUP({received} * 100, 0)

One of the images appears to show a field that already shows the rounding calculated, so I'm guessing this is not the problem. In terms of adding the calculated field to an email, are you sure that you have the new (rounded field) in the email builder? Make sure you have switched it for the original {% received}. There are no images showing your email automation, so this is just a guess.

Screenshot_2023-08-22_at_18_03_37.png

Another thing you can look at is formatting the rounded field to an integer. Although I don't think you'll find this is required.

Screenshot_2023-08-22_at_18_01_33.png

shalablake

this worked! I was so close and then kept over thinking it and go so far off! Thank you!