Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Formula help, Concatenate with multiple linked records

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
491 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a column which has multiple linked records as Contacts in. Then I have lookup fields for the contact information (email and phone number) for those linked records.

I am trying to make another column as a concatenate formula which shows “{Contact Name 1}, {Email Address 1}, {Phone Number 1}”. But because I have multiple linked records in a column it is instead coming up as “{Contact Name 1}, {Contact Name 2} {Email Address 1}, {Email Address 2} {Phone Number 1}, {Phone Number 2}”.

Is there a way in the formula for me to limit how the information populates by linked record vs information requested?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Use a rollup field with a formula that inserts newline characters between each record’s data:

ARRAYJOIN(values, "\n")

When I want even more visual separation between records, I use a variation of this formula:

ARRAYJOIN(values, "\n-------\n")

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Create a formula in your [Contacts] table that concatenates the name and contact info. Then rollup/lookup that formula.

This works, but I still have a formatting issue with the lookup/rollup where the second contact name shows after the phone number instead of on it’s own line. Is it possible to format it a bit more?

Use a rollup field with a formula that inserts newline characters between each record’s data:

ARRAYJOIN(values, "\n")

When I want even more visual separation between records, I use a variation of this formula:

ARRAYJOIN(values, "\n-------\n")

This is PERFECT. Thank you so much!!!