1555 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Nash
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

{Business User Value} + {Time Criticality} +{Risk Reduction - Opportunity Enablement} / {Story Point Estimate}

The first part works great then I add the / and error
its nothing to do with the format of the fields as {Story Point Estimate} + {Business User Value} works fine… any ideas? its seem really odd to me

28 Replies 28

This creates and Error

As you pointed out, a bug… could be a bug where the “+” operator gracefully handles lookup values, but the “/“ operator does not.

However, if all of your fields are just straight number fields, and there’s no possibility that any of them could be an array of values or a string value behind the scenes, then I don’t think I can provide any further input, as I’ve never encountered an issue like this myself.

Jason_Nash
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This works…

Ah, those single-select fields are all technically strings values.

Try wrapping each reference to a single-select field in the VALUE() function to convert it to an integer.

So would you agree its a BUG then? do we know how I contact the developers to get this fixed? if that possible?

Tried that already that does not work?

Which field is the {Story Point Estimate} field? Is it the number field (which is blank), or the single-select field with “55” in it?

one of the values has 55 the others are black right now because I am not going to populate any more until it works… but the point it works with a + and - but not with a * or a / surely is the issue here?

Jason_Nash
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

All working formula looks like this.
({Business User Value} + {Time Criticality} + {Risk Reduction - Opportunity Enablement}) + {Story Point Estimate}

No, this definitely has to do w/ the string values. If I wrap them all in VALUE() the division works fine for me:
CleanShot 2021-09-20 at 12.57.52
CleanShot 2021-09-20 at 12.58.46

There may be a bug here in the sense that the "+" operator seems to be happy to gracefully convert your string into a number for you, while the "/" operator will not, but this can be worked around by manually converting all the string values to numbers using the VALUE() function.