cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kailee_Bennett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I’m relatively new to Airtable and admittedly, not great at formulas. Here is what I’m trying to achieve.

I work for a small book publisher that is a subsidiary of a non-profit organization, and we run ads on Amazon. Our books are sold to Amazon at a discount. To complicate things further, our partner non-profit receives 65% of the sale and the publisher receives 35% of the sale. I’m trying to track how much we are spending on Amazon ads as compared to the actual profit the publsiher receives to make sure there is enough ROI per ad.

So sometimes, we can be losing money on ads, even when Amazon shows the ad as profitable. Therefore, I need a way to see negative currency values in my table.

How would I adjust the following formulas to report negative currency?

• Profit Per Book = {Conversion Cost Max}/CPC
  • Orders*{Profit Per Book}

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Kailee_Bennett! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Sorry that you haven’t had a response before now. In terms of generating “negative currency,” that all depends on the content of your formulas. It comes down to subtracting your ad cost from your profit. If you’re spending more than you’re earning, you’ll have a negative value. You didn’t list the names of your fields where you’re tracking the amount you spend on the ads, but my gut says that if you create a formula that pretty much does this:

(Orders * {Profit Per Book}) - {Ad Cost}

Obviously change the {Ad Cost} field name based on what’s actually in your base.

Does that help?