Help

Re: Formula to display item from another table in the same base, but not using linked records

Solved
Jump to Solution
4193 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anxious
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I am creating a base to keep track of a collection for insurance purposes. I have the list of items in one table and then I have a checklist of what I need for each item in another table all in the same base. I want to copy the items that are in the main table over to the checklist table’s main field dynamically.

The main table is already a mile long column-wise, so I didn’t want to put the checklist in the same table. I thought about just using another view, but…it junks up my table, even though you can hide fields.

Unfortunately, the type of field the primary field can be is severely limited, but it is able to be a formula field.

So I was wondering if there was a formula that could use to dynamically copy/update the primary field with the items in my main table. For example, you can display items from another column with a formula field by simply using the formula: {FieldNameHere}

Is it possible to “call” on another table?

I only get one automation as well since I only have a free plan and it’s being used. :frowning:

Airtable Account: Free Plan
Records: 1,200/1,200 1000/1000 (I might have to find a different solution soon)
Automation Runs: ??/100
Extensions: 1/1 (TinyPNG Compression Script, looking for free alternatives)
11 Replies 11

Are synced views the same as regular sync? If so you can’t sync tables that are in the same base, only two different bases.

Airtable Account: Free Plan
Records: 1,200/1,200 1000/1000 (I might have to find a different solution soon)
Automation Runs: ??/100
Extensions: 1/1 (TinyPNG Compression Script, looking for free alternatives)

that’s right - you would need to use a second base - but that can stay within your system