Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: How can i get info from a Linked Record through a Formula

Solved
Jump to Solution
665 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guics
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have 4 Tables (Payments, Receivables, CostCenters, Extract)

The Payments and Receivables records are linked to CostCenters records.

The Extract records are linked to Payments ou Receivables records ("If it's a receipt, it will be associated with an account receivable, and if it's a payment, it will be associated with an account payable.) 

So i want to make a formula field with an IF to get a cost center from Payments if the record is linked to a payment if not it will get the receivable costcenter

Is it possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm, unfortunately I don't think that's possible.  A possible workaround would be to create lookup fields to display the "CostCenters" link from both the linked "Payments" and "Receivables" records and then use a formula field to consolidate the data from the two, but this would just be a text field and you wouldn't be able to click it to view the CostCenter record

If you wanted to have the ability to click into the CostCenter record I think you'd need to create a link from "Extract" to "CostCenters" and populate it via an automation I'm afraid

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm, unfortunately I don't think that's possible.  A possible workaround would be to create lookup fields to display the "CostCenters" link from both the linked "Payments" and "Receivables" records and then use a formula field to consolidate the data from the two, but this would just be a text field and you wouldn't be able to click it to view the CostCenter record

If you wanted to have the ability to click into the CostCenter record I think you'd need to create a link from "Extract" to "CostCenters" and populate it via an automation I'm afraid