Help

Re: How can I use a formula for the below data?

Solved
Jump to Solution
429 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jake_Boggs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, so I am trying to make a formula that fits my gardening schedule for the upcoming spring season. I have the pro plan if that makes a difference in what I am limited to do. Here’s an live example of the problem I am having so far. I will plant my cilantro seeds on 3/22/23. It takes 4 weeks till harvest. So I have 4/12/2023 as the ending date. I will need two other harvest date’s after that. The problem is that I need formulas for each plant which is a total of 40. They all have different dates and different weeks till harvest. Would I need different formulas for an auto-fill each time I put seeds into the ground or am I able to create conditions for it to all work? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Jake_Boggs

What an interesting use of Airtable :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

What you would need to do is have a table that is Plant (i.e.: it would have 40 records, 1 for each Plant). Then in this table, specify the harvest duration (you can express this in however unit you want as long as you stay consistent, i.e.: days, weeks, etc.)

Then in your Planting table, you would link the plants from the table you just created and use a Rollup field to bring the Harvest Duration in a new field. Using this new field, you can add a formula that is DATEADD({Start Date},{Harvest Duration},"days") (you would need to change the field names to your own fields)

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Jake_Boggs

What an interesting use of Airtable :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

What you would need to do is have a table that is Plant (i.e.: it would have 40 records, 1 for each Plant). Then in this table, specify the harvest duration (you can express this in however unit you want as long as you stay consistent, i.e.: days, weeks, etc.)

Then in your Planting table, you would link the plants from the table you just created and use a Rollup field to bring the Harvest Duration in a new field. Using this new field, you can add a formula that is DATEADD({Start Date},{Harvest Duration},"days") (you would need to change the field names to your own fields)

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, works awesome now! Thank you! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!