Help

Re: How do I remove a record from one table after selecting a checkbox and send it to another table?

673 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louis_Banks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi
I am designing an inventory management system
I have a column in our master inventory table which says ‘sold?’. it is a checkbox column.
I want the record to be moved to my other table called ‘sold items’ when i check the box so I can keep a track of the total asset value.
How can I do this?
Please consider that I am new to this.
Many thanks

2 Replies 2
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

That can be accomplished exactly as you’re describing with the help of external tools, such as integrations. A number of users in this community are developers that can be hired to help you set something like that up (just tag your post with ‘work offered’).

But if you’re looking for a lightweight, Airtable-only solution, you could filter your views by that checkbox value. Meaning, the data wouldn’t transfer to another table, but you could view archived vs active data depending on how you set up your views.

Agree that this is a simpler, “more Airtable” way of doing things. You could also enhance this with an additional formula field that notes the value of the items not sold and ignores/zeroes the items that are sold:

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 19.24.14

using the formula:

IF(NOT(Sold), Value, 0)

JB