Help

Re: How do I sort and filter to show a single entry if multiples exist?

610 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Better_Publishi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an Airtable with thousands of rows, all of them with unique links. Each link has an associated author who has a Username and Email.

In a view, I’m grouping by Username and then I see multiple entries for that same Email. That’s fine, but my goal is to see only one entry for that Email, for that Username, in this specific view.

How can I go about achieving that? Thanks!

4 Replies 4
BillFrench
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Better_Publishing,

I could be wrong, but I believe this is a challenge because unlike SQL databases, we don’t have a UNIQUE constrictor in the filtering feature (that I know of).

A lot has changed since 2017 but I think @Chester_McLaughlin nails the answer here.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to do this is with an API process that would perform the UNIQUE filtering process and update an adjacent table with the results.

Are you trying to create a report of sorts where you see all the books by a given author, but you only see their username and email address listed once for their group of books, instead of seeing it for every record? If you have a Pro account, you might consider building a page using Page Designer. That gives you far greater control over what and how the data is displayed compared to Airtable’s views.

Better_Publishi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

No, I just want a view where regardless of how many records I have from the author, I’m able to see each author’s name and email one time.

One way to achieve that is to make a custom field that concatenates the name and email into a single string, group by that field, but leave the field hidden. You’ll see the name and email in the group header, and nowhere else.