2757 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Moncur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I use Airtable as a todo checklist. Each day I add new checklist items (as individual records) to my table. On any given day I might have 5 or 10 items in the table. I want to add a new field in each record called “Time Estimate” (or something to that affect) in which I can type the amount of time I think it will take me to complete this task. Then, I’d like to find a way for Airtable to automatically add the numbers for me, so that I can see how long the sum total of all tasks for that day would take me to complete.

Rollup seems like it would do that, but from what I understand only works with linked records in a different table. I want to see my summed total in the same table, and don’t want to have to go through the trouble of linking records each time I create new ones (which is frequently). Is there a way to do what I’m asking?

2 Replies 2

Hi @Aaron_Moncur and welcome to Airtable Community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think what you’re looking for could be achieved by grouping your records. Group your records by the day and by doing so, you will get a subtotal of your Time Estimate field.

Aaron_Moncur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! That worked - thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to do :grinning: