Help

I have an age formula that returns an "error" if no birthday is available. How do I remove the "error"

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
2625 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Maye
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have an age formula that returns an “error” if no birthday is available. How do I remove the “error”

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey @John_Buttner

I wrote that post before I had a realization that straight quotes were constantly being converted to curly quotes in the forum editor 😆. Those curly quotes in my answer above cause problems in the Airtable formula editor.

Glad you found a variation that works for you. Just want to follow up that for clarity’s sake, your (and my) formulas can be simplified to this:

IF(Birthday, DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(),Birthday,'years'))

And I’ve carefully vetted that for the right type of quotes!

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
pat_eeve
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Greg, were you able to fix this? I’m having the same issue

You can use a conditional statement to return a blank cell if the “Birthday” field is empty:

IF(Birthday, DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(),Birthday,’years’),BLANK())

That should do it.

The above didn’t work for me.
But this worked okay.

IF({Birthday}=BLANK(),BLANK(),DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(),{Birthday},‘years’))

Hey @John_Buttner

I wrote that post before I had a realization that straight quotes were constantly being converted to curly quotes in the forum editor 😆. Those curly quotes in my answer above cause problems in the Airtable formula editor.

Glad you found a variation that works for you. Just want to follow up that for clarity’s sake, your (and my) formulas can be simplified to this:

IF(Birthday, DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(),Birthday,'years'))

And I’ve carefully vetted that for the right type of quotes!

I new at AirTable but have MSoft Access programing experience.

Yep that works and I like it much better.
Thanks for the simplified code. :slightly_smiling_face: