Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

IF and DATEADD Forumlas together

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
355 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

I am trying to get repeating tasks to work based on their regularity (Daily, Weekly, Monthly) with the IF and DATEADD formula used together. Here is what I have tried:
Snip20210217_1

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

More or less the same formula as above, but made more efficient:

IF(
   AND({Repeating}, {Due date}),
   DATEADD(
      {Due date},
      SWITCH(
         {Repeating},
         "Daily", "days"
         "Weekly", "weeks",
         "Monthly", "months"
      )
   )
)

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

Hi Hazel. Well, it looks like your formula needs another closing right paren. If you want to add in the capabilities for monthly & daily, then add another IF… right after “7, ‘days’)”

,IF(Repeating=‘Monthly’…

Thanks for your help, unfortunately it is still not working for me… this is what I have now as the basic weekly formula:

IF(Repeating = ‘Weekly’, DATEADD ({Due date} ,7,‘days’))

Perhaps I am going wrong elsewhere…

This is a better use case for SWITCH() than it is for a nested IF() statement since you’re comparing the same thing over and over.

SWITCH(
   {Repeating},
   "Daily",
   DATEADD({Due date}, 1, "days"),
   "Weekly",
   DATEADD({Due date}, 1, "week"),
   "Monthly",
   DATEADD({Due date}, 1, "month"),
)

So I just recreated everything to match what you’re doing and it works for me. One thing that stands out to me that I don’t understand is that green circle in the formula window of the screen snip you shared.

You clearly had formula in there before that worked, as I can see the values in lower rows. Is there more of the formula in the window that we can’t see?

I’m stumped.

More or less the same formula as above, but made more efficient:

IF(
   AND({Repeating}, {Due date}),
   DATEADD(
      {Due date},
      SWITCH(
         {Repeating},
         "Daily", "days"
         "Weekly", "weeks",
         "Monthly", "months"
      )
   )
)

Yes, you are right, I have the DATEADD part working but not the Repeating… All sorted now - thank you for all your suggestions!

This worked like a dream - thank you so much!