486 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jo123456
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm trying to get this formula to calculate the difference between the date 'today' and the date in the field 'End date', then stay blank if it it's more than 10 days but return 'Yes' if it's 10 days or less. I can't get it to return the right values though. Any suggestions for how I can fix this to get the right result?

IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(),{End date},'days') >10, " ", "Yes")
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Is your end date in the future? If so, you are going to get a negative result. You may need to flip the order of the dates around. 

Try writing a formula with just DATETIME_DIFF() and experimenting with different input dates (both past and future) until you understand how it works. Then nest it inside the IF().

You blank result also doesn’t look blank to me. It looks like a single space character. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Is your end date in the future? If so, you are going to get a negative result. You may need to flip the order of the dates around. 

Try writing a formula with just DATETIME_DIFF() and experimenting with different input dates (both past and future) until you understand how it works. Then nest it inside the IF().

You blank result also doesn’t look blank to me. It looks like a single space character. 

Thank you, I hadn't considered negative results so I've found the answer now.