Help

Re: Is it possible to use a image saved in bases URL in page designer?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1586 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In my base I got some images saved which I want to use in page designer.

I believe I used to be able to use the Image URL in the page designers Image element. It seems still to work for about 24 hours and then the URL becomes invalid (which believe has something do with Airtables new security updates.)

However is there still a way to URLs of an image in different attachement fields?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Due to the fact that attachment urls now expire (or will in a few weeks, even if you have temporarily opted out), you cannot use the url of an attachment to include that attachment in Page Designer.

There are some workarounds:
- Store the attachment somewhere else. For example the free level of Cloudinary may work for you. If you use a different cloud storage program, such as AWS that can also work as long as the url is publicly accessible.

- Link the record with the attachment to every record that you want to use in Page Designer. This might mean that you need to have the record with the attachment linked to every record in the actual table of data. Then have a lookup field in the actual table that looks up the attachment. You can then place the lookup attachment in Page Designer.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Due to the fact that attachment urls now expire (or will in a few weeks, even if you have temporarily opted out), you cannot use the url of an attachment to include that attachment in Page Designer.

There are some workarounds:
- Store the attachment somewhere else. For example the free level of Cloudinary may work for you. If you use a different cloud storage program, such as AWS that can also work as long as the url is publicly accessible.

- Link the record with the attachment to every record that you want to use in Page Designer. This might mean that you need to have the record with the attachment linked to every record in the actual table of data. Then have a lookup field in the actual table that looks up the attachment. You can then place the lookup attachment in Page Designer.

Hi @kuovonne 

Thank you for confirming my thought.

I thought of hosting the images myself, however it was just so convenient to let Airtable store the image before, so just wanted to make sure there was definitely no other way to do it.